It's the Monday before Christmas and was a pretty low key day. It was the first day probably ALL month that I didn't have a ton on my calendar to accomplish. And so naturally my body decided it was tired….VERY tired. Like I went to get my hair done and literally fell asleep under the dryer while my color was processing. No joke…my hair gal was laughing at me. So when we tried with no avail to get together with some friends for FHE, I almost called it a night and stayed in. BUT…something in me was just itching to take the kids to the Americana on Brand. We have missed this tradition quite a bit at Christmas and it always makes me sad. So tired or not, we packed up the kids and headed down to Glendale. Traffic was bad. It took almost twice as long to get there as it normally does. I had a headache from being so tired and I had a hard time just keeping my eyes open to drive. I know…bad! But if I don't drive, I get car sick, so I was kind of out of luck either way.
We got there….parked on the VERY top level cuz it was so full and made our way down to the shopping area. I don't know what happened, but all of the sudden I perked up. My headache went away and I didn't feel tired anymore. We waited in line for the trolley, got to go on a fun ride around the center, the kids got to see the "snow", we got a treat and watched the water fountain show and then walked around and let the kids be silly for a bit. It turned out to be a SUPER fun night and I was SO glad we went. The lights there were beautiful and despite the crowds, it wasn't too crazy there. We stayed way too late, but oh well. The kids had fun and were good little troopers. We even got a family photo. It's a little dark, but hey…I take what I can get from strangers willing to stop and snap one for us.









No comments:
Post a Comment