Monday, December 31, 2012

Our week

Paul was home all of last week. And will be home all of this week and half of next week too! We've been trying to do a fun thing or two everyday. Here's a few things we were up to last week.

On Wednesday, we headed down to The Grove in LA for a little shopping at The American Girl Doll Store. The girls had a blast. We got lunch at the Farmer's market and went over to Barnes and Noble to let all the kids pick out a book with their gift cards from Uncle Dan and Aunt Alicia. 




On Thursday we had the Tait kids over for a little while during the day so their mom and dad could go to the movies. The kids had a great time playing together. It was a bit chilly but that didn't stop any of them from getting on the electric car.




Even Carter took it around for a spin. Luckily it's pretty slow moving. Especially so that day because I think the battery was running low.


On Friday Ashlyn had a playdate with a friend all day, so Paul and I took the other three kids to Magic Mountain to use our passes one last time before they expired. The kids had a blast and I'd say Carter is really starting to LOVE that place. He's gonna be sad we can't go their anymore.

Funny story, I've been taking the kids here all year and have never gotten to go on an adult ride. So Paul told me to take advantage of having him with me and go on one. I couldn't pass up the chance, being a big roller coaster lover and all. I got in line for "Goliath". The sign said 10 minutes, but I soon realized it was a bit longer than that. I texted Paul to tell him. He said he'd take the kids to the gift shop to occupy them and he told me his phone was almost dead. I sent a text telling him to take them to the kids area and that I would find him there, but I could tell it didn't go through....which meant his phone was definitely dead. Well, the line ended up being MUCH longer than 10 minutes and 1 HOUR later, I come strolling off the ride (SUPER FUN by the way). I didn't see Paul so I walked over to the kid area. Nope, not there either. Hm....so I went back to Goliath. This went on for four rotations with a short stop at Goliath to "sit and wait". Still nothing. Thirty minutes go by and I'm really wishing Paul would ask to borrow someone's phone so he could call me. I couldn't leave the park. I had no money, no passes with me. Just my phone. And I was HUNGRY! Darn it.....Finally, about 40 minutes later (in total), I get a call from Paul's phone, so I know he went out to the car to charge it. We had a good laugh about how dependent we are on cell phones, he picked me up in front of the park and we headed to Wendy's for a very late lunch. I'm sure Paul was more frustrated than me since he had the kids with him, but he couldn't be TOO upset.....it was his phone that died after all. LOL! 

So, was the hassle worth it....ABSOLUTELY(well for me anyway)! Goliath was awesome. I only wish I could have gone on a few more, but I wasn't gonna press my luck.





Later Friday night Paul and I met up with some friends to go see "Les Mis" in the theaters. Such a good movie. Totally loved it but was glad I knew the story beforehand. Quite tragic. This version was excellent though.

Saturday of course was my birthday.

Sunday, we spent a lot of time doing this....relaxing from our week. Watching movies. Chatting it up. Reading to the kids (well, I read to the girls while Paul wrestled with the boys).
In all, it was a fun week. Excited for New Year's Eve tonight. Celebrating at home with the kids (East coast time). Got some fun games online to play. Gonna pop popcorn, watch a movie and toast with some sparkling cider. Tomorrow we are headed up to the SNOW at Frazier Park (there better be LOTS of it).

 So glad to have Paul home for a bit longer. Hope he's glad too!

I love these four kiddos! 


2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Ummm I LOVE that last pic of you and the kids! Presh!

Dana said...

I love you all too - hugs from a distance. You are such a fun family.