Today was quite a nice day. Paul got up early and took Leah and Brandon with him to help clean the chapel while I slept in a bit (with Carter playing IPad next to me in bed that is). He dropped them off at 9:30 and then headed out to a funeral that started at 10. He offered to help clean up after the funeral luncheon, so he was pretty much gone until 2 pm. So instead of feeling sorry for myself that he was gone so much on a SATURDAY (like I sometimes do), I decided to take the kids down to the pool for a bit. They were MORE than excited to go incase you can't tell from the picture. Unfortunately, as I have been trying to tell them for the past many months, the pool was not heated yet and it was pretty darn cold. It didn't stop them from getting in, but they definitely spent more time in the hot tub with me than in the pool. We came home, got cleaned up and had lunch. After Paul got home and Carter woke up from his nap, we took the kids to the park for a while and then stopped at Rubio's Mexican Grill for dinner. I LOVE that place and could go every week. The kids were all pretty darn good today, which is probably what made it a "lovely" day for me! We are on the official countdown to summer. yahoo!
Oh and last night Leah bathed Carter for me. Isn't that awesome? Now if one of the girls would just agree to changing his diaper.
2 comments:
I think Ashlyn looks so pretty in that swim photo. The purple swim suit looks so great on her, and her hair looks awesome!
Leah, you are a great mommie's helper.
It is so great to have a day when life seems almost perfect.
Post a Comment