Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring Preschool Presentation

Brandon came in....saw all the people....teared up...and spent the remainder of the time under my chair hiding. *sigh* I didn't even get upset this time. I've come to accept it. I just rubbed his back and told him not to worry about it. No use trying to force him. It never works. At least he's finally vocalizing WHY he won't participate. He's intimidated by all the parents. Grandma K said he does AWESOME during practice so she said she'll record the next one for me to watch. LOL. Love that lady!


When did my little boy get SO tall and grown up looking? Oh my goodness, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this picture. He's never been the "tall" one in class. I'm having kindergarten anxiety already. Thank goodness he'll (mostly likely) have the same teacher the girls had! That gives me comfort. He'll do great with her. She may not be "Grandma K", but she's pretty close.




And here's a cute Carter picture. He'll be here at preschool before I know it!


5 comments:

Dana said...

Brandon is quite tall. I didn't realize. Poor little guy. You are such a great mom. Statistics say that fear of "public speaking or performing" is 2nd only to fear of death. So he is legitimately frightened according to statistics. I remember before being in the church that presenting in class made me feel like I was going to faint and couldn't make any sense when I talked. I got over that after teaching. He will too. love you, mom

Mindy said...

So cute. :-)

Phillips Family said...

hahahaha! I'm sorry is it bad that I thought this post was funny? Brandon is so awesome. These will be fun pictures to look back on one day.

Amber said...

No. U can think it's funny. It doesn't bother me. It is what it is. It's not a big deal to me. :-)

RachelAA said...

You're an awesome mommy cause I think you handled it perfectly. There really is no point in forcing the issue - he's be ready in his own time. But hello, best teachers ever; I love that she offered to record it for you.