I think Wednesday was my favorite day. My friend called me first thing in the morning with a work emergency and asked if I could watch her kids for her. My kids happen to love her kids, so it was a win/win. I took the kids with me to bootcamp and then packed up and headed down to the beach. The weather was gorgeous. Not hot, but not cold. I did keep pants on over my suit, but it was still really nice. I could have stayed forever if the sun didn't start to go down. We stopped at The Habit on the way home to wait out some traffic and got home in pretty good time. I can't wait for summer. I plan on being at the beach a lot this year. Carter is getting older and is getting so much easier to take places. Of course my kids always seem to head off in different directions, but still.....it's easier than having an infant.
Brandon and Nicolas stayed at the waters shore for over an hour throwing a toy boat into the water and watching it come back to them. I had to make one rescue attempt on the boat, but other than that, it came back pretty well.
Having six kids 9 and under at the beach still seemed like a bit of work, so I grabbed my favorite 16 year old and brought her along. Looks like someone has a crush on her huh! Carter adores Callie and asks about her all the time. Glad we have one more year before she heads off to college.
Me and my little busy boy!
Ashlyn and Grace.
Total BFF's.
Becky has been humoring me and coming along where ever I drag her. Even though that little Baylee of hers is not at a good "outing" age. Next year will be much better. If she can survive this summer that is.
1 comment:
More fun for the memory bank.
Post a Comment